January 4, 2012

Flygirl New Year

Hello to all of you beautiful, creative souls. What a great day to be alive. I am so happy for the start of a new year and the possibilities that it brings. I am looking forward to creating more art and relationships with you all. I have not been the best at keeping up with blogging but I am making a great effort this year. It is good to document all the things happening towards living a more creative life. I appreciate you all supporting my creative endeavors as the sense of community moves me to be the best I can be. 


I am so happy to share that over the holiday break I traveled to Atlanta, Georgia to visit family and friends. Our New Year celebration was cozy and comfortable at home sipping wine and playing cards. It was relaxing and much needed. After the festivities we spent the afternoon painting together. I kick myself now that I did not photograph the occasion but take my word for it it was fun. 


Flygirl Love
The absolute highlight of my trip to Atlanta this year was that I met fellow Flygirl, Brenda Figueroa. Brenda and I have kept in touch over the months since the KRR E-Course Flying Lessons. We began our friendship exchanging emails about art and the course and how wonderful the experience was for us and the others. Soon after the course we began to Skype with each other and shared our work and what our studio spaces looked like. I began the Luggage Project Brenda hosted and it was a great experience. We supported each other through art shows that we both frantically prepared for and cheered each other on through texting on those wonderful days. It was only natural that we meet this year in Atlanta since Brenda lives there. 


We spent only a few hours together but they were for me magical and inspiring. We planned on having a creative day but we mostly talked and talked. We shared the positive and negatives of being artists...being women...being dreamers....I was so happy to be in her beautiful art studio. Brenda loves pink and the different pink hues made me feel like I was in a dream. We had lunch with her husband and my fiance Jeff. Soon after lunch her 2 year-old son woke from his nap. She is a loving mother and watching her with her son was artwork in itself. She is a caring soul. 


Our time came to an end early in the evening. We exchanged business cards, and she was kind enough to let me choose 2 of her prints to take home with me. From the moment I found her work it spoke to me. I was honored and now it will hang in my new art space!  


You guys!!! I can't even say how much the Flygirl group means to me. Everytime I meet another Flygirl my heart fills with so much love and admiration. This time was no different! 

11 comments:

Luna said...

Such a wonderful post and beautiful pics! So happy you two found amazing kindred spirits in each other. Thanks for sharing your story.

Happy New Year!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! Happy new year!

This Moment said...

Oh my God! How cool you two! What a great friendship you have started:) Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post.

Jill

Lafiorevida Dolls Atelier said...

Hello all this girl just stolen my heart is i wasnt about to cry out of so much sentiment i could speak more....this girl is an amazing and beautiful soul!!! Serendipity!!!

LindaKay said...

What a wonderful moment you two shared! I am so happy you found each other and share a great friendship. I will be meeting 2 Flygirls tommorrow for lunch and an afternoon of visiting and can't wait!! This is THE BEST GROUP I have ever belonged to. It sounds like you feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

Aw! I want to meet someone!

Rose Duncan, RoseHeartNSoul said...

Beautiful adventure you two had! That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing and letting us be a part of the joy!

Kelly said...

I love this! What a great thing to meet a kindred spirit.

C M Rawlins said...

What a beautiful story of friendship!!

rebecca mcfarland said...

Wow! What a great experience! Sounds like you met a kindred spirit!

Librarian Christie said...

Thank you ladies. Wishing you all a great start to the New Year!!