October 4, 2012

Women, Community and Art!

NOTE: IF YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT AN ARTIST ...THINK AGAIN...EVERYONE IS A CREATOR...IF YOU HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT HERE BEFORE YOU ARE AN ARTIST. CLAIM YOUR CREATIVE SELF. SHE IS IN THERE I PROMISE...THE KEY IS TO BRING HER OUT. EVERYONE IS INCLUDED. DON'T BE SHY! WRITE, SHARE AND WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN!



Women, Community, and Art: On the creative path of friendships, support and the healing power of art.


I am on a mission to create a blog series that focuses on all of us. My goal is to commit to blogging about 1 artist per week for a year… I want to begin collecting the posts to start scheduling it for the beginning of the year…

I would like to create an online yearbook of sorts. I was hoping that each of you would share your journey. What has happened to you as a result of being part of this online community of women artists? What has changed in your life? What has been awakened? What have you learned and how have YOU changed? Did you let go and let Art? How do you feel about this community? What are your wishes for other women, community and art? How have you bonded with women? Has it changed your relationships, your perspective on life? How have you illustrated this bonding, connection, love, support, friendships? What is life like on the “outside” (of this virtual world) What lies in your future? How has your art changed or evolved? What major shifts do you see happening?

With each post I would like for you to include several pictures of your art…whatever that may be….include your contact info…website, blog, etc.

You can set it up in a word document and email it to me…sofiadabalsa@gmail.com once I schedule them out I will let you know the day so you can post it on your blog. 







I believe that one single decision to commit to myself led me to this place with all of you beautiful women. Who knew it would have such a lasting impact! These nurturing friendships and unwavering support… have moved me on a soul level! This place has become a constant in my life... a solid place to rest and grow. Oh, how much your love of art and courage to put it out there has healed me in SO MANY ways!

I'll be posting this in all the groups I am a part of..... so you may see it a couple of times... so please be patient.

Love ya'll.

Thank you I appreciate you! 


Namaste!
xxx


3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

How did I miss this post?! Love the artwork at the beginning - Women know everything. Maybe we know too much for our own good! Great thing you are putting together Sofia. I hope to be part sometime soon. Looking forward to following.

Christine said...

Hi Sofia, This sounds wonderful. I'd love to participate. Do I email you the answer to the above questions with photos?

Also, I'd love to know what other on-line art groups you participate in. I found you via Tracy's Magical Mixed Media community :)

Daisy said...

Querida Amiga,

I delighted to participate. My life is changing constantly therefore it will have to be in a couple of months, my life is unfolding so I don't know at what point of my life I will be, for sure it's going to be good.
Bendiciones ♥