Journal Cover for friend 2013
As I begin a new quarter of 2013 I prepare for a time of building up taking care to construct a framework that will hold. I look forward to the next three months on my journey of living whole-heartedly, authentically, intentionally... feeling my way through. I must remember to be gentle with myself, as I have been told self-care is paramount now.
Living intentionally takes practice and I have committed to my painting and my Color of Woman Training this month and for the next five months. My intention is to heal my soul, help those around me heal, and hold hands with fellow sisters, as we boldly transform a global society with paintbrushes in hand! Please support my fundraiser towards this end. I appreciate any and everyone's help.
This is my first painting from the training my mentor Shiloh Sophia facilitated in our class. I am kind of in love with her. I would like to introduce you to Kachina, she is my legendary self. We have spent the last three weeks together. I have gotten to know her intimately and she reminds me of my strength. She came through the portal of my canvas and now I will share her with the world.
This month I have remembered that I am inspired by:
- vibrant paint colors
- Under the Tuscan Sun the movie and the book
- Rome, Milan, and Florence, Italy
- my nieces
- My husband Jeff
- UNITY of SA
- my friends online and off
- Flowers whenever
- brisk autumn days full of oranges, reds, and yellows
- artwork that speaks to my soul
- Pavarotti's nessun dorma on surround sound very loud :)
- writing about my emotions
- connecting with kindreds
- music in general makes me come alive
- giving my heart away through art
- a hot shower
- Collaborating with others